Knock down update - no visible problems in either hive
I've been keeping an eye on the two hives which were blown over during Storm Doris.
Neither is showing any significant visible sign of damage:
- There were no dead bees on the floor of the hive (as far as I could see).
- The fall of wax cappings appears to be the normal.
- Hive D had some drops of honey on the removeable hive floor, but only just enough for me to taste (yum)
I'll see in a couple of months how these hives have fared. I'm still seeking data on the peak wind speed.
- Read more about Knock down update - no visible problems in either hive
- Log in or register to post comments