I visited my out-apiary this morning to see how the new swarm was doing. I arrived early - about 6am - when the air was still chilly.
There was evidence of comb building on the floor of the hives: wax platelets which are dropped when wax is produced.
I took off the lid and found lots of bees in a strong cluster. I had left out two frames to make room for the swarm when I had hived it the day before. I eased one of these frames in but the bees were too tightly clustered to allow the last frame. I put on a queen excluder and a super and then the lid.
I looked at the other hives and also saw evidence of comb building, which suggests that there is a nectar flow in progress. This should help to establish the swarm as a viable colony.